Cheap/ Free Mommy & Me Ideas
Mama, I know that you know, that you know, that you KNOW how it important it is that we spend QUALITY time with our child/ren.
Why the emphasis on quality? Because far too often do some of us moms think that a car ride to the daycare and a car ride home and a hour at the dinner is enough. Sorry to burst your bubble but that is NOT enough. Quality time is time where you attention is on your child and not your phone or your computer or someone else.
Quality time is when you and your child do whatever it is that you both will enjoy and can do together. For example, Gia loves being outside. We are fortunate to live in a place where she is able to do that. We don’t have to get in our car and go anywhere either. Our apartment complex has a huge grassy area where her and I can kick around a ball, where we can chase each other, where we can bring out a blanket and some toys and have a sandwich. One of the best parts about all of this is that it is FREE! Not only is it free, but we are creating memories and we are bonding and spending quality time with each other.
Mama, I understand that your time is scarce, trust me! It’s hard for me to work full time and take classes online full time and be a single mom, and manage a blog all by myself with social media accounts all by myself. Trust me! I get it! However, I still make time for 2 people in my life, I make time for my God and I make time for my child. If I don’t have time for anyone else, right now I am ok with that.
Are you wondering what it is that you are supposed to do during this quality time, well here’s some ideas:
- Sit outside and read a couple of books.
- Go to the library and read.
- Go to a playground and let them play.
- Go to Chuck E Chesse and let them do all of the free things.
- Put on your swim suits and play in the bath tub for a little while.
- Put your child/ren in the stroller and take a walk.
- Rent a movie from Redbox and watch it together.
- Pull the blankets from your bed and create a palate on the floor and play there.
- Sing nursery rhymes together.
I realize that majority of the things listed above are things that Mamas with toddlers and younger kids would do, but what about older kids?
- Use the camera on your computer to take selfies.
- Play dress up in your clothes.
- Make cookies together.
- Read a book together.
- Clean the house together.
And the list could go on! My point is tthat there is so much free or cheap things to do with our children, that there should never really dull moments.